Home |  City Hall |  Editorial |  Events |  About |  Schools |  News |  Chatter box |  Email |  Photos |  Maps |  Issues
 Orgins |  Early Settlers |  Ethnic Groups |  Coal Mine |  Tragedies |  Businesses |  Buildings |  People |  Sports |  Stories

Fifth and Walnut - 1910

This photo was taken around 1910 and is looking east from the corner of Fifth and Walnut. The IOOF building is at the left on the corner. Two doors down is the City Laundry which was run by Sam Lee, a Chinese immigrant. Next is Minonk City Hall which was built in 1903 followed by the Minonk Shoe Store which is now the site of the former Minonk News-Dispatch building which was built in 1920. Notice that the streets are still dirt. Brick streets were not installed until 1915. This photo is from a postcard donated by Mike McCormick.