Hill's Soda Fountain - 1915
This photo shows Hopkin Hill behind the soda fountain in his sweetshop and restaurant. The restaurant
was located at the present site of Meyers-Jochums Insurance Agency. Hill ran the
restaurant until the early 1920's when he sold out to the Kerrigan Brothers who ran a restaurant
there until 1938 when it was sold to Bob Morrison
who changed the name of the restaurant to The Chocolate Shop. Hill went to Streator where
he started up a restaurant and confectionary called "Hills".