|Home | Alumni | Editorial | Events | Schools | News | Email | Photos | Maps ||
|Orgins| Early Settlers| Coal mine| Ethnic Groups| Tragedies| Businesses| Buildings| People| Old Photos| Stories| Sports| Schools|
These pictures were taken in the early 1940's at the City Park. The wading pool was a refreshing
haven for children on hot summer days. The view of both pictures is looking towards the northeast
from the corner of Fourth and Jefferson. The pool was removed in the 1960's.
Notice the lights on the bandstand in the background in the second picture. Also notice the many huge old Elm trees that were lost to the Dutch Elm disease in the 1950's.