The following is a letter sent to Fieldcrest staff and families from Superintendent Dr. Kari Rockwell.
I know many of you have been waiting for information on our fall return to school. Below you'll find the basic plan. Please understand, guidance and regulations come from the Illinois State Board of Education and can change quickly. Our goal is to return to school with the health and safety of our staff and students at the forefront and to use the feedback from recent surveys in conjunction with state information.
1. Daily in-person instruction 5 days per week with dismissal at 1pm through September 11th. This schedule will be reviewed on September 4th and future plans on the daily schedule will be shared at that time.
2. Masks will be required for all. While we understand this is not ideal, we must work together to keep students, staff, and our community safe. We will find creative and supportive ways to give your child "mask breaks" while complying with all regulations.
3. Transportation will be available for all students as normal. Masks and seating assignments will be required.
4. Extracurriculars: Athletics will follow IESA/IHSA guidelines. All clubs and organizations will meet as normal, following the necessary guidelines.
5. Online registration will begin July 15th. A separate email will be sent for this process. There will be no onsite registration day normally held at FHS. August 5th-7th each school secretary will be available from 9am-12pm to help with registration.
6. The next communication will be released approximately July 29th. We plan to share our full Return to Learn plan at that time with details that support each building, special populations, and answer your questions.
At this time, we respectfully ask that you wait until the final document is released for further questions. Our Return to Learn Committee is hard at work creating a plan that welcomes our students and staff back to in-person instruction safely. While this plan may not be perfect, we can certainly assure our students, families, and communities that we are very excited to see and work with your student(s) again- we've missed them!