A look at
|Home | City Hall | Editorial | Events | About | Schools | News | Email | Photos | Maps | Satire | Issues|
|Orgins | Early Settlers | Ethnic Groups | Coal Mine | Tragedies | Businesses | Old Photos | People | Buildings|
Westside Park Original BandstandThis bandstand picture, supplied by Pricilla Ryan, has been identified as the original bandstand built in the City Park in 1912.
There is some evidence that this bandstand is still in existence today. The John Danforth residence on West Fourth street (current residence is Richard Meierhofer) had a gazebo that was very similar to the one shown in this picture.
The Danforth residence was bought by John Kettwich in 1924 and the gazebo remained at the property until it was moved to the country home of Charles and Rose Spires east of Minonk in the 1970's. Rose Spires was a granddaughter of John Kettwich. The gazebo is still at the country residence.